VloggerHeads

Information

Voting Rules

In this first round, we discuss the voting rules for our first official round of voting - on the voting rules. Please also check out our wiki: http://vloggerheadsconstitution.wikispaces.com/

Members: 14
Latest Activity: Apr 6, 2010

Voting rules 0.9 for the first vote on the voting rules 1.0

1. Only citizens are eligible to vote.

2. All citizens are eligible to vote.

3. In order to be a citizen, you must be a member of Vloggerheads.

4. For this first round of voting, we will not accept new citizens.

5. The complete list of all eligible citizens must be published.

6. One citizen one vote.

7. In order for the result of a vote to come into effect, the voter turn out must be over 50% of all eligible voters.

8. In order for the proposal of a vote to be accepted, it must receive over 50% of all votes cast. Otherwise it is refused.

9. The proposal must be announced in a video (vlog) and as written text (blog). The written text will be published in a group open to all members of the site, where all discussions should concentrate. A subtab under the tab “The Constitution” will refer to the proposal. All members interested in discussing the proposal should become members of that group. The group will be closed and deleted after a decision on the proposal has been reached.

10. It is the written text that is subject to the vote.

11. From the date of first announcement in video and writing, we have a period of one week to discuss the proposal. After one week, the originator of the proposal has two days to publish the final proposal.

12. The voting period starts with the final publication of the proposal and ends on the Sunday following the final publication on midnight (00:00 AM) EST. The voting period must be at least 72 hours.

13. Votes will be cast via an email to the VH voting account. All voters will receive an answer email affirming receipt of the vote and stating the vote cast.

14. Votes cast cannot be changed.

15. The votes will be received and counted by the voting committee consisting of three citizens. The originator of the proposal cannot be member of the voting committee.

16. The outcome of the vote will be announced by the administration at latest 48 hours after closing of voting period. If the proposal is accepted, it will go into effect with the announcement. It will then be published under “The Constitution” and become part of the constitution.

Discussion Forum

#15 Voting Committee

Started by SydTheSkeptic. Last reply by SydTheSkeptic Mar 29, 2010. 3 Replies

#5 "Citizen" list

Started by SydTheSkeptic. Last reply by gilligan Feb 9, 2010. 13 Replies

Proposed "Application" for Citizenship

Started by SydTheSkeptic. Last reply by Deadarm Feb 8, 2010. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Voting Rules to add comments!

Comment by a6487487 on February 13, 2010 at 1:03am
But when we throw mud at each other in blogs, people tell us we should go in a group and do it. :P
Comment by Diesel Bodine on February 12, 2010 at 5:05pm
Thank-you, Marcel. I didn't mean to have my proposition and its fall-out take over your post here. Anyone wanting to discuss this further please post a Blog.
Comment by Diesel Bodine on February 12, 2010 at 4:57pm
Thank-you, Zen. I am also a vote-enabled "citizen" and will speak my mind as such. I will defend my right to express my opinions. All that I expressed here originally was:

"Shouldn't the most important vote, before this continues any further, be whether, or not, the Members of this web site want to continue with this Owner/Admin imposed process? It's apparent some percentage of the Membership do, but they may be in the minority. Isn't Minority rule unacceptable?"

For this, perhaps, some may seek to silence my opinion? I called upon the Members to decide if the current course is what they truly want. That in itself is a democratic proposal...
Comment by Star on February 12, 2010 at 3:42pm
Diesel, she is not confused. If you don't want to be a part of the political process, then don't be. It's as simple as that.
Comment by Diesel Bodine on February 12, 2010 at 3:30pm
Shawny, you must be confusing me with someone else. I've made only a few Comments, Videos or Blogs regarding the current situation in the last several weeks. Sulking? I have no time to sulk over something like the hierarchal structure of one web site.

Please feel free to address me in an Email with any further discussion on this topic, so we don't clog up this post.
Comment by Diesel Bodine on February 12, 2010 at 3:09pm
Shawny. I'm not mad in the slightest bit. Quite at ease, actually. You, unfortunately, appear by your written words at me, disappropriately angry though. The "right" of "citizens" to express themselves is all I've done in my Comment. I will continue to Comment how I feel, as long as I feel like Commenting. Emotional outbursts will not silence the minds of free-thinking people.
Comment by Diesel Bodine on February 12, 2010 at 11:01am
Shouldn't the most important vote, before this continues any further, be whether, or not, the Members of this web site want to continue with this Owner/Admin imposed process? It's apparent some percentage of the Membership do, but they may be in the minority. Isn't Minority rule unacceptable?
Comment by Jay1p on February 8, 2010 at 11:26pm
Seriously, Will we allow the indifferent to affect the outcome of a vote by not voting? That is in effect counting every none vote as a "NO".(assuming that we don't get the magic 50% participation.) When I don't vote in an election, I am in effect saying, "I don't care either way, let the voters' will be done." If only 25% care enough about an issue to vote then they should make the decision for the other 75%. The other 75% can't legitimately cry foul, because they had a chance to be heard in the voting process, NOT after it.
Comment by a6487487 on February 8, 2010 at 7:33am
"Btw, I don't see Geoff on the citizen list."

He asked to be removed during the last elections.
Comment by SydTheSkeptic on February 8, 2010 at 2:31am
 

Members (13)

 
 
 

© 2014   Created by Marcel.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service